Welcome to Herberts Travel
A family owned and run bus and coach company based in Bedford. We hope you find this site useful and informative regarding our services. Should you have any queries or require further information, then please don’t hesitate to contact us by either phone, fax or email.
Being predominately contract based, we work closely with such organisiations as Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Council. We offer very competative quotes for private hires, day trips and celebrations.
We specialise in moving your most precious assets, your children, to and from school with over 3000 child movements each school day.
SEPTEMBER 2020 PASSES NOW ON SALE, PURCHASE SECURLY VIA OUR ONLINE SHOP BUY TERMLY OR HALF TERMLY
DONT FORGET TO FILL IN AN ONLINE FORM IF YOU ARE BUYING YOUR FIRST PASS WITH HERBERTS TRAVEL
COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
The government have confirmed that social distancing will not apply to school transport services and it is expected that all services will run as normal. Pupils are expected to be sensible and follow the guidelines as set out below. The driver will not be expected to enforce the use of face coverings or seating plans.
1) As far as possible please sit in the same groups each day to and from school,
2) Please board the vehicle from back to front and alight in the reverse order.
3) It is recommended, pupils over the age of 11 wear a face covering, unless they are exempt from doing so.
4) Parents must supervise pupils where necessary whilst waiting for transport in the mornings, schools are expected to do this in the afternoons.
5) Pass holders will have boarding priority, Only the correct change should be given to the driver.
Please encourage pupils to wash hands regulary and use hand sanitisers when availible. If a pupil or a member of family are displaying any symptoms please do not allow them to use transport.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
ALL VEHICLES USED WILL BE CLEANED AND SANITISED ON A DAILY BASIS AND BETWEEN SCHOOLS, WE WILL CONCENTRATE ON TOUCH AREAS TO AVOID CROSS CONTAMINATION.
DRIVERS WILL AVOID FACE TO FACE INTERACTION WITH PUPILS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
PLEASE HELP US TO PROTECT YOU BY REMOVING ALL RUBBISH AND BELONGINGS FROM THE VEHICLE.